Tuesday 25 August 2015

My summer vacation

Summer, every high school students favourite word, two months of doing nothing but relaxing at the pool, catching up with friends, traveling and of course sleeping! I mean who does not love sleeping all day? Especially us IB students, we like to catch up on our lack of sleep as we sacrificed a couple of ' Zzz's' to pull all nighters throughout the year (hypothetically speaking of course) .

Once summer is over and we all head back to school, I think we are all familiar with every teachers routine on the first day back and it goes a little something like this:

Good morning class, welcome to a new school year. To kick start our first lesson together how about we go around the class and share what we did this summer”

This is the part where people rack their brains and try to quickly come up with something to say, the one that sounds the coolest and makes other peoples summer sound sombre! Despite the fact that everyone has done numerous activities over the summer they can not decide on which one to talk about.

In my case I already have my answer, this summer I travelled to a city in Turkey called Antalya. A small serene relaxed city when compared to the hustle and bustle of Istanbul. It was perfect for a relax and unwind vacation. I have been to Turkey twice already in the past 5 years but my wanderlust kicked in, it was a break from my everyday routine, it was a chance for me to branch out and go on a new adventure and explore a new city.

The resort that my family and I stayed at was nothing short of perfect, they accommodated to our every desire, and were nothing but hospitable. A bonus was that the resort was right next to the beach which I did not complain about because come on after all the beach is the ' best escape anyone can have!'. There is something about beaches that I just love, maybe its the smell of the sand and salt merging, or maybe its the fact that I am miles away from stress and overthinking. Quality time with my friends and family is the best thing about holidays for me, after all it is the little things in life that we should not take for granted!

The ' Rixos Premium' was always full of such positive energy and a constant stream of entertainment, from water sport competitions during the day to themed parties in the evening. It truly was a vacation to go down in the books, one of my favourite things we did was watching the stunning sunset as the array of warm undertones varying between pink and orange filled the sky I sat there in amazement. It truly was a spectacular show by mother nature, which is free by the way. Now you are probably reading this asking yourself what is wrong with this girl? She can watch the sunset back home, that is true but I can not watch the sunset from a oceanside view now can I?







No comments:

Post a Comment