Sunday 7 September 2014




Who would have thought it grade 11 how did I get here? More importantly where will I go from here! Let me introduce myself, my name is Dana Farah, I was born and raised in the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi to be specific. As I have grown my interests have changed quite a bit, I mean don’t get me wrong, I still love watching cartoons and old disney movies, however, I have gone from playing with dolls and having tea parties to beginning to think of my future and what universities I would like to attend. My main goal for grade 11 is to balance fun, and when to get serious and stick my head into some books, and most importantly to passing grade 11 and moving swiftly on to grade 12! I care about the fact that people no matter what race, culture, religion, shape or size anyone is, they should never be judged for being who they are, I really believe in that. The main two languages that I speak are English and Arabic, they play huge roles in my life as they allow me to communicate with my friends and family which I find very important as they are the main people in my life that I can always rely and depend on to always be there for me. Our various cultures display the appropriate qualities within our community, personally I identify through both the arab and english culture. I identify through the arab culture through family traditions where as I identify to the english culture through television, fashion, and liberal thinking.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Dana :)
    Although your introduction is quite shortly written, I could still decipher the essential parts that were advised to be included , and i admire your skill of informative summarization !
    Also, i completely agree on how regardless of race, religion and culture, solid judgement based on those mere ideas people have of each other are unacceptable. cultures are quickly dying out and we are becoming more and more similar to each other, in terms of language, interests and sometimes even preferences. i like your point about how your english connection mostly derives from "television, fashion and liberal thinking." as its true, that is how a lot of people start developing a relationship with the english language.
    hope to read more of your blog !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright and colourful background and setting of your blog because it makes the whole page look interesting and exciting. I like the fact that you have a goal to still enjoy yourself throughout this year whilst still managing everything that comes with being in grade 11 - because I share that same goal. I find it interesting that you embrace both English and Arab cultures because it shows that you can fit in with multiple people and is open-minded. I also love the quote at the end. Xx

    ReplyDelete